Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Guard Card

Yesterday I went through the training to obtain the Guard Card... Not bad, I went there and I was the only one, so the treatment I got was literally personal. I could take notes, read the book at my own rhythm and at the end the test was almost flawless.

The video was pretty much the same: The lady attending me had to come a couple times to start the new chapter in the DVD, but by the third chaper I already got the hold of the DVD and was handling it on my own, of course after telling her she didnt have to bother to come and press the little button for me.

At the end, I did great at the tests and my guard card, and I suppose my first job in the US, are just a background check away.

By the afternoon we went to Patty's Birthday party. Not really my kind of party and not really my kind of people, but the party wasn't all that bad; First, we got lost trying to find the goddamn place and were nearly one hour late, but we finally found the place. There were a few of Patty's friends which I don't know; Daniel, her boyfriend, her brother Joe, her dad, some of Daniel's family and one Megan, a long-lost cousin of Darleen. We ate some pizza, had some Ice cream, chatted around a bit, then Patty opened the presents and that was it. As I say, it wasn't too awesome, but at least we did something we don't usually do.

I think there's a Bowling event the 501st does in Riverside the Nov 4th. See if I can drag Darleen in and take some pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home