Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Good and Bad News

Good news, those always too brief, are that I finally got the job at Shield Security; A night shift 4 days a week that I will make 5 if I have the chance so I can get to $1600 at the end of the month. I already have the uniforms.

Bad news are that things with darleen are going so, so bad, that it looks like splitting up and have each other head on their own way is going to be the only option. Arguments are getting worse, because they pile up with the unsolved issues of the other arguments, and we are so apart from each other that we practically ignore each other and mind only our own businesses. At least she has it a bit better than me; her family and friends are around, and if one does't take her under their roof, the other will... But that's not my case: The moment we split up, I am on my own. That's because I have started to ask my mother in law, my only minimally decent support in this side of the ocean, about the possibility of renting something small, maybe a studio or even a trailer, and stay there until I save enough money to recover what I lost in this damned adventure, send home the stuff I can't take with me, get a plane back to Spain and forget america for a long, long time.

I don't know what are Darleen's plans, but I'm already making my mind to the idea that she won't be in mine; I don't know what's gonna happen, I don't know how am I gonna get out of this, but whatever it is, it's gonna be me, myself and I.

Darleen said she was going to spend the night at her buddie's apartment. That was last Sunday. It's Tuesday morning right now and still to hear a word from her. Gives a pretty clear Idea of how the situation is. At least she has a place to go where everything is cool and funny and can forget what's going on in her home. Meanwhile, I'm either out solving work stuff or in bed, away from the world as much as I can.


By the way, Maumau's eye is dripping more than usual and I don't even have the money to take him to a vet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home