Sunday, November 19, 2006

Balm for the Heart

"The key for friendship is in making the other person feel special." This fundamental statement, I heard from a friend years ago and since then I apply such wise precept to my relationship with the outside qorld. Yesterday I remembered it because it was another person making me feel very special.

Ana, a friend I hadn't talked to for years, gifted me with on of the better conversations I've ever had on Messenger.

After so long without knowing each other's whereabouts, we chatted for more than two hours, telling each other how were we doing and bringing back memories of those times we shared... and I felt loved. Not loved as if someone had fallen in love with me, or this appreciation I thank all of you out there so much for, it was just something different. Maybe it was me, my feelings being composed by more numbers than words lately, maybe it caught me in a specially receptive moment, but talking with her I really felt like she really was, welcoming me back into her life.

As the chat went on, I felt more and more comforted By the genuine and spontaneous kind of love Ana's words expressed. Love in its most pure shape: I felt great, and after talking to her I was so taken over that I was craving to write the story on the blogs, But the words wouldn't come out until I went back to work and had a few patrol walks and pondered how to put in words how did I feel chatting with my recently recovered friend. Even now I'm not sure I have done justice with this words to how good did I feel, but at least I have explained the experience, and most definitely, tha yesterday my morale, my ego were boosted up, and made me not a happy day, but a happy existence. And when you move from stump to stump like I have recently, these are the kind of things that make a difference. tha make the difference.

A big kiss for you, Ana, although there are no such big kiss to express the gratitude I feel for how you made me feel yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home